BBQ and Brew Cookoff
**Please arrive at the Mankato Brewery NO EARLIER THAN 8 A.M. on Saturday 6/1/2019**
- Contestants must cook in both categories to qualify for overall prize.
- Meat is provided: 3 racks of ribs and up to 12 chicken thighs
- Competitors are required to use their own smokers, secret rubs, spices, and injections and all cooking must be done at the Mankato Brewery.
- Participants must provide all equipment used for preparation and cooking.
- Power will be provided
- Scoring will be based off KCBS rules. Taste, Tenderness and Appearance
- All smokers can be used i.e. Wood, Charcoal, Pellet, Gas and Electric are acceptable
- You are encouraged to use garnish in the turn in box. As this is an amateur event, any garnish is acceptable i.e. parsley, green lettuce, spinach and if you must, kale are all acceptable.
- TEAMS WILL OBSERVE ALL FOOD AND HEALTH SANITATION REQUIREMENTS
Turn in Times:
- Chicken: 2:30 pm
- Ribs: 3:00 pm
- Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each category
- Grand Champion wins the opportunity to be a celebrity judge at 2019 Mankato Ribfest
Any additional questions or information please reach out to Mike Davis at 507.327.2399
*This event is intended to give amateurs and first-time cookers a chance to participate in a cookoff. Please be respectful to our hosts and fellow contestants but most of all, have fun.