At Mankato Brewery!
Register your team today! CLICK HERE
BBQ and Brew Cook-off Contest Rules
*Arrive at the Mankato Brewery NO EARLIER THAN 8 A.M.on Saturday 6/5/2021*
- Contest rules and scoring will be based on KCBS. Link provided.
- Ribs and Chicken only. Meat will NOT be provided. Meat inspection in accordance with KCBS rules will occur upon arrival. Ribs are pork ribs (baby back or spare) and chicken is typically thighs or legs.
- Contestants must cook in both categories to qualify for the overall prize.
- Competitors are required to use their own smokers, secret rubs, spices, and injections and all cooking must be done at the Mankato Brewery.
- Participants must provide all equipment used for preparation and cooking.
- Power will be provided
- Per KCBS rules, (fires shall be of wood, wood pellets or charcoal. Gas and electric heat sources shall not be permitted for cooking or holding. Propane or electric is permitted as fire starters, provided that the competition meat is not in/on the cooking device. Electrical accessories such as spits, augers, or forced draft are permitted. No open pits or holes are permitted, except at the election of the contest organizer. Fires shall not be built on the ground.)
- You are encouraged to use garnish in the turn in box.
- TEAMS WILL OBSERVE ALL FOOD AND HEALTH SANITATION REQUIREMENTS.
Turn in Times:
- Chicken: 2:30 pm
- Ribs: 3:00 pm
- Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each category and the overall Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion.
- Please contact Mike Davis (not the brewery)
- 507-327-2399 cell